Climate Change topics are becoming more and more relevant to various fields of science and related studies and get a strong multidisciplinary character: from Earth Sciences to Sustainability Studies, from Social Sciences to Economy including moral and ethical topics and related jurisdiction.
Most MSc courses have either a general or more specialized focus and offer a mixture of state-of-the-art knowledge, practical workshops, and discussion. However, training to deal with difficult situations related to the scientific topic or career path of the student are hardly practiced.
This Dealing Professionally with Climate Change Issues course from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam will help improve the student’s efficiency and effectiveness in dealing with controversial topics and difficult situations related to issues surrounding Climate Change.
Soft skills that will be acquired by students:
- Improving the ability to speak up, discuss and defend one's opinion and arguments in relation to the public one.
- Getting used to and improving one's ability to deal with criticism.
- Feeling and showing passion for relevant issues without losing professionalism.
- Operating respectfully and professionally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTopics that will be covered:
- Climate Change: past and present
- Climate Change in Earth history: natural versus anthropogenic change
- Famines, fires and floods
- Atmosphere and ocean Today
- Heat waves, causes and consequences
- Ocean acidification
- Modelling the future
- History of Climate Change
- Historical perspectives
- Societal perspective
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Economics & Policy Public Relations View 9 other Short Courses in Environmental Economics & Policy in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We aim to reach MSc students from all disciplines who have a professional interest in Climate Change and are in their second year or starting PhD’s. Also, excellent and highly motivated first year MSc students and even BSc with a grade of 8 or higher can apply. Professionals from agencies, companies, advisory offices and NGO’s are also welcome.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.