You'll also learn about the external environment and how the economic and political context helps shape how businesses respond to global challenges. Using a blend of text, audio, video and interactive online activities, you’ll develop vital skills for study and for work in business, public or voluntary sector organisations. Particular attention is paid to developing your critical thinking skills. You will also be introduced to mind mapping as a technique to help you express your ideas and creativity.
What you will study
This Shaping Business Opportunities module from The Open University UK is divided into five sections. These comprise an introduction and conclusion (both emphasising skills development), and three substantive blocks each with a crucial theme that integrates the internal functions and external environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big ideas in organisations
- Competing in a global context
- Building long-term success
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 43 other Short Courses in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This module is for anyone who wants a general overview of business studies – to learn more about the world of business and how it operates.
- It makes as few assumptions as possible about what you already know about business or about your experience of formal academic study.
- However, as this is an OU level 2 module and if you have no previous experience of studying business, it is strongly recommended that you first study An introduction to business and management (B100).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3168 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3168 GBP for the full programme
National3168 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3168 GBP for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.