The different characteristics of special, permanent and traveling exhibitions are taught, supported by many case studies. Best-practice-examples of leading experts in exhibition design and management give thorough insights into contemporary trends and introduce students to new working fields with a special focus on immersive exhibit architecture and experiential worlds.International experts like Jorge WAGENSBERG, Stefan IGLHAUT, Christiane PAUL, Enrique GUITART, Brigitte FELDERER, Dieter RONTE, Lutz ENGELKE, Becky GILBERT or Gerfried STOCKER are brought together through this singular program - a network that combines historic vision with the latest knowledge about current developments and trends on a high level.
The Exhibition Development certified program atDanube University Kremscovers competencies for the professional assessment of chances and risks in contemporary exhibition planning and shows how to apply these skills in concrete projects.By developing and completing a concrete project, participants get the opportunity to try out their own ideas in exhibition work. This way they are able to apply newly learned aspects of project management and their gained knowledge on the creative and theoretical components of “exhibition making”. There is plenty of opportunity for discussing exhibition issues with experts and for the individual specialization of knowledge. After completing the course, participants will be better equipped to undertake the project organization of designing and managing exhibitions and experiential worlds.
The course gives the participants insight into the modes of operation for a competent management professional for exhibition design and planning. It shows how design & management responsibilities can be successfully implemented for realization within the framework of a complex and international projects. The course connects subject specific interests with design and operational practice. Participants receive extensive knowledge related to historical and contemporary development of exhibition strategies and use this knowledge during the course in the realization of a concrete project. The necessary skills to be active in exhibition management are demonstrated and a special value is placed on insider information that is best obtained in small groups, with extra time for questions & answers, with project managers, dramaturgists, producers, & event managers. The participants can apply their new know-how in goal-oriented ways with knowledge of the economical and legal parameters. They learn to analyze project plans based on risks and benefits as well as realistic estimation of time, budget, material and fabrication, for instance in the communication with the respective stakeholders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
1. Theories of Exhibiting and Mediating: History and theory on the development of exhibitions from the Agora to modern virtual exhibitions to competently conceptualize exhibitions.
- Theories of Exhibiting and Mediating:
- Introduction to exhibition design and organization.
- Introduction to spacial dramaturgy/scenography.
2. Competent planning and organization of exhibitions: Overview of the best techniques and tools for exhibition project organization and management techniques.
- Introduction to time and project management for exhibitions.
- Introduction in legal and economical foundation of exhibition making.
- Digital Media, and technical interpretive methods.
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development Museum Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Your letter of motivation should measure about two pages.
- Reasons for participating the course.
- Previous knowledge and your possible professional experiences with the subject of the course of study.
- Personal and professional aims you expect by attending the course.
International4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 21 days.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 21 days.
Living costs for Krems
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.