We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
We understand the situation is very uncertain and we therefore offer free cancellation and a full refund until 1 May. Are you ready to unlock your potential?
The creation of new ventures is one of the most important economic activities of the modern era. Venture creation isn’t a process exclusive to startups, though. Many other entities in the world of business engage in similar activities, which could be anything from company expansions to take-overs and scale-ups. The city of Amsterdam is one of the best places to learn more about new venture creation.
Amsterdam is one of the top innovation hubs in Europe and, under the umbrella of the Amsterdam entrepreneurial ecosystem, hosts a broad palette of entrepreneurs, firms, and entrepreneurial organizations.
The Center for Entrepreneurship of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (CfE@VU) plays a significant role in the city’s exciting entrepreneurial ecosystem. That’s why this international summer school provides the perfect opportunity to deepen your knowledge of entrepreneurship and what it means to create exciting new business projects and ideas.
The New Venture Creation in The Amsterdam Entrepreneurial Ecosystem course from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam covers the creation of ventures from two perspectives.
The first is concerned with making entrepreneurship sustainable, including all economic, social, and ecological aspects of new ventures.
The second looks at the role of an entrepreneur within a firm and the life cycle of firms, as well as how they deal with changes.
As a student, you will also be responsible for generating your own business ideas, which will form an essential part of the course. The lecturers will guide this part of the course.
After having finished this course successfully, the student is able to:
- Work with the most recent insights in the field of new venture creation and entrepreneurship.
- Start his/her own enterprise in any national or regional context.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course covers the creation of ventures from two perspectives
- The first is concerned with making entrepreneurship sustainable, including all economic, social, and ecological aspects of new ventures.
- The second looks at the role of an entrepreneur within a firm and the life cycle of firms, as well as how they deal with changes.
- As a student, you will also be responsible for generating your own business ideas, which will form an essential part of the course. The lecturers will guide this part of the course.
- In the morning, through online lectures, students will discuss topics such as the Business Model Canvas for startups and scale-ups, as well as the Amsterdam entrepreneurial ecosystem. Then, in the afternoons, there will be practical assignments that students can complete with outside experts’ assistance.
- The course will end with online elevator-style pitches in which the students will present their work as a team in a ‘Dragon’s Den’ setting.
Students of any discipline – not just Business Studies – who are interested in new venture creation and entrepreneurship.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Entrepreneurship Innovation Management View 18 other Masters in Innovation Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International850 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 14 days.
EU/EEA850 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 14 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.