The A Voyage to Medicine in Israel program at Tel Aviv University is designed to provide a truly immersive experience for students in the medical and health care field in Israel. It provides a unique opportunity to gain first hand views and experiences in one of Israel’s finest hospitals under the guidance of expert physicians in the field.
Alongside academic courses taught by leading physicians, students have the opportunity to shadow hospital staff members and be integrated in the daily activity of the hospital departments such as the ER and ORs, Pediatrics and Orthopedics, Gynecology and Plastics and more. Students witness leading medical techniques and procedures, converse with patients and begin to understand what it means to be part of a medical team at a level one trauma center. In addition, students have the opportunity to volunteer as EMTs with the Magen David Adom (the Israeli Red Cross), and advance their knowledge by shadowing the medical staff and participating in clinical research.
Programme StructureCourses include
- The Circle of Life – From Birth to Old Age
- Introduction to Clinical Laboratory in Medicine
- Introduction to Clinical Research
- Introduction to Exercise Physiology and Sport Medicine
- Health and Psychology
- Applications are submitted online. A complete application consists of a submission of all of the required documents which you will prompted for in the online application (two recommendations, a personal essay, etc.) in an attachment to the online application.
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended, including a copy of any diplomas received. Students who have completed less than two semesters of study at a higher education institution will also be required to submit transcripts from upper secondary school/high school.
- All applicants applying to TAU International English-speaking programs who are from non-English speaking countries or are non-native speakers of English must provide proof of English proficiency as part of the application requirements. To view specific instructions for completing this step, please click here.
- Proof of Hebrew language proficiency, if requesting exemption from Ulpan due to fluency in Hebrew
Living costs for Tel Aviv Yaffo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.