The Innovations in Disaster Risk Reduction workshop will build upon experience and expertise in ICTs and DRR by both UNDP and a diverse network of organizations, who have come together over the past several years to train environmental professionals in the field. Combining regional UNDP experience, ICT industry expertise, and accumulated first-hand knowledge by this global community of practice, the workshop will offer both theoretical and practical skills in disaster risk reduction, monitoring, and recovery.
Best practice case studies at Central European University (CEU) will be highlighted, through which technologies have been proven to be highly effective tools in disaster management. The transformative digital opportunities provided by the workshop will allow its participants to integrate know-how in a decision-making process, facilitate response and establish multi-stakeholder partnership for regional and global cooperation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Innovative and concrete tools for implementing the Sendai Indicators
- Introduction to early warning systems
- Visit of National Disaster Public Early Warning command/control center
- Examples and the best practices of EWS
- The Way Forward. Next Steps
- International Charter ‘Space and Major Disasters’
- Multi-disciplinary approach for DRR using advanced technology
- 4 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Innovation Management Risk Management View 3 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completed online SUN Application Form
- Full curriculum vitae or resume, including list of publications, if any
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
- academic documents that you think may be relevant to support your application in the ‘Other Supporting Documents’ section. All documents should be merged into a single PDF file not exceeding the size 2 MB. No passwords and encryption are allowed.
Early Bird fee: 270 EUR
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.