The main steps of the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (AFSJ) development are taken into consideration, from its origins to the Lisbon Reform, up to the present situation . The European Area of Freedom, Security and Justice module from International Telematic University UNINETTUNO intends to provide an analysis of the following issues: the division of competences between the European Union and the Member States, the institutional framework, the objectives of the AFSJ’s policies as well as of the EU values and fundamental rights related policies (cooperation criminal matters, police cooperation, asylum and immigration), the most important acts adopted or currently being adopted. Another issue of the module is data protection and its principles, which are applicable in the judicial and police cooperation in criminal matters, thanks to the Lisbon Treaty.
Programme StructureLessons included:
- Police cooperation in the European Union
- The Lisbon Treaty and the Stockholm Program
- Visa policy and border management
- Legal immigration
- Asylum policy
- Privacy and protection of personal data in the European Union
- Prof. Philippe De Bruycker
- Prof. Emilio De Capitani
- Prof. Hans G. Nilsson
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies View 6 other Short Courses in International Relations in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- to have a connection to the Internet. For optimum use an ADSL connection is suggested.
- to have installed on one's own system one of the principal browsers available, for example: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox. On the Linux platform it is possibile to access films in streaming by installing the proper codec on one's own mutimedia player of choice.
- to have installed on one's own system the software Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view materials in pdf format.
- Skype for Business is not supported on Linux and Mac OS X Catalina.
- In order to configure UNINETTUNO email system for students a how-to guide is available
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme
- The certification fee of the course is 180 Euros.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.