The Teaching English for Academic Purposes (TEAP) programme of the University of Leicester will develop the knowledge and skills required of you as an expert EAP practitioner. The modules you will study relate to - and are closely informed by - the competency framework set out by BALEAP, the leading professional organisation for EAP in the UK.
The course will provide you with:
- Enhanced employment prospects in the field through gaining a specialist postgraduate qualification and developing the knowledge and skills required of an expert EAP practitioner.
- Knowledge of academic practice, academic contexts, disciplinary practice, academic discourse, personal learning, development and autonomy.
- Understanding of EAP students' needs, student critical thinking and student autonomy.
- Skill in syllabus and programme development, text processing and text production, as well as in programme implementation and assessment practices.
- The ability to manage, reflect and enhance your own learning.
- Opportunities to extend your range of transferable skills, including your study and research skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Values and Practices
- EAP Students
- Assessment and Feedback
- Teaching Practices
Modules shown represent choices available to current students. The range of modules available and the content of any individual module may change in future years.
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 28 other Short Courses in Teaching in United Kingdom
This course is aimed at teachers and other professionals working in the TESOL field. You should have:
- At least a second-class honours degree (or its equivalent from a non-UK university; GPA 3.0 or above), preferably in English language, linguistics or education
- Plus: a recognised qualification in teaching English as a foreign language
- Plus: at least one year’s full-time equivalent teaching experience.
- Plus: two references that validate your qualifications and work experience.
We will also consider serving teachers if you have equivalent qualifications or qualified teacher status and significant experience.
IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. If your first language is not English, you may need to provide evidence of your English language ability.
International3200 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3200 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
EU/EEA3200 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3200 GBP for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.