To complete the Mathematical Thinking in Schools programme offered by The Open University UK assessment, you'll need to work with a learner or learners who will be pleasantly challenged by secondary school-level mathematics.
This module is designed to:
- develop your mathematical thinking
- raise your awareness to some ways in which people learn mathematics
- provide you with experience of different teaching approaches and the learning opportunities they afford
- develop your awareness of, and facility with, ICT in the learning and teaching of mathematics
- develop your knowledge and understanding of some important mathematical ideas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureYou will learn
- The module starts from the assumption that mathematics education is an intrinsically worthwhile enterprise; it is therefore worth striving to understand its processes in order to do it better.
- The module aims arise from the nature of mathematics education as a process of human interaction, which means that certain aspects of the module can only be engaged with through practice. You will be expected to work on mathematics tasks yourself and consider the process you have worked through in terms of your thinking.
- From this perspective, the module offers ways of working that contribute to your own mathematical development and, by enhancing your work with other learners, can enrich learning and confidence.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics View 66 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
There is no formal pre-requisite study. However,
- you should be over 18
- your own level of mathematics should be at least GCSE Grade C (or equivalent)
- you do need to have a reasonable standard of spoken and written English
- to complete the assessment, you'll need to work with a learner or learners who will be pleasantly challenged by secondary school-level mathematics. It is possible for friends or family members to act as your learners, but it is preferable if you can work with some secondary age children.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1584 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1584 GBP for the full programme
National1584 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1584 GBP for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.