Computers and Management Information Systems Learning Outcomes
As a result of completing this program at the Athabasca University, students should be able to:
- demonstrate skills and knowledge related to management principles, techniques and tools essential to the application of computers and information systems in the business environment.
- demonstrate an understanding in the role of a business professional with sophisticated understanding of trends and issues related to information systems, including how to align information systems with business goals, and the more technical aspects of information systems management.
Possible Career Options
- Computer Consultant
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Informatics Consultant
- Informatics Security Analyst
- Information Systems Business Analyst
- Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst
- Information Technology (IT) Consultant
- Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst
- Systems Auditor
- Systems Consultant
- Systems Security Analyst
- Get a management perspective on using computers and information systems effectively in the business environment with Athabasca University’s online University Certificate in Computers and Management Information Systems.
- You will gain a sophisticated understanding of relevant trends and issues, including how to align systems with business goals, and the more technical aspects of information systems management.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The program starts every month.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Technology Management Computer Sciences View 9 other Short Courses in Informatics & Information Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal admission requirements for this program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International10710 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National5370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 179 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.