Get a grounding in the knowledge you need for a career in the growing financial management sector. Athabasca University’s online University Certificate in Finance (UC Finance) includes options that will help you complete a major portion of the training required by various professional financial services associations.As a result of completing this program, students should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of theory, technically based skills and ethical perspectives relevant to core business areas, including marketing, statistics, financial accounting, management accounting, finance, economics, information systems, strategic management, organizational behaviour, and commercial law.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of technical and quantitative aspects of management related to financial services, including the study of financial markets, financial instruments and investment decision-making, as well as the analysis of alternative methods employed by institutions and individuals to obtain, manage and use capital.
Possible Career Options:
- Actuarial Clerk
- Bank Clerk
- Credit Clerk
- Dental Claims Clerk
- Dividend Calculation Clerk
- Insurance Clerk
- Insurance Rater
- Ledger Control Clerk
- Loan Clerk
- Mortgage Clerk
- Premium Rater
- Real Estate Clerk
- Securities Clerk
- Bank Teller
- Credit Union Teller
- Financial Customer Service Representative
- Foreign Exchange Teller
- Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor
- Bank Clerks Supervisor
- Billing Supervisor
- Bookkeeping Supervisor
- Collection Supervisor
- Credit Supervisor
- Payroll Supervisor
- Savings Supervisor
- Supervisor of Accounting
- Supervisor, Claims Adjuster
- Supervisor, Customer Service Representative
In this program, you will learn theory, technical skills and ethical perspectives relevant to business areas such as
- Information Systems
- Strategic Management
- study financial markets, financial instruments and investment decision-making
- analyze alternative methods to obtain, manage and use capital
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
The program starts every month.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Actuarial Science
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal admission requirements for this program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
International10710 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 357 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National5370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 179 EUR per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.