Athabasca University’s online University Certificate in Management Applications will help you develop a broad administrative perspective through a curriculum that includes
- Computers And Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour
- HR Management
The University Certificate in Management Applications is designed for students who want a broad perspective in administration and administrative skills. It is designed to help you develop a broad administrative perspective with a curriculum that includes accounting, finance, law, marketing, and information systems.
Athabasca University, Canada's Open University, is dedicated to the removal of barriers that restrict access to and success in university-level study and to increasing equality of educational opportunity for adult learners worldwide.
This About AU section of our website will help you to understand that mission, how we go about accomplishing it and how, in the process of doing so, we help thousands of learners every year to accomplish their personal goals and realize their dreams. Please take a few minutes to get to know us better.
Our approach to post-secondary education is based on four key principles: excellence, openness, flexibility and innovation.
- Excellence: We are dedicated to achieving the highest standards in teaching, research, scholarship and student service.
- Openness: We are committed to our mission of guaranteeing access to post-secondary learning to all who have the ability and desire. If you are 16 or older, you are eligible for admission to undergraduate study.
- Flexibility: Our flexible learning model adapts to your needs, putting you in the driver's seat. You can enrol in most programs and register for most courses at any time of the year and work at your own pace, studying at home, at work or wherever you may find yourself.
- Innovation: We continue to adopt and develop new, learner-centred learning models and technology-based alternatives to traditional, classroom-based instructional channels and contexts. We apply technology to make learning accessible.
AU received CMA accreditation for its Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting Major in February of 2011. CMA accreditation recognizes universities that achieve high standards of instruction in management accounting. Graduating from a CMA accredited degree program allows you to bypass the CMA Entrance Examination.
- Accounting for Managers of Not-for-Profit Organizations or
- Accounting for Managers or
- Introductory Financial Accounting
- Microcomputer Applications in Business (Windows)
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour
- Overview of Corporate Finance or
- Financial Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Commercial Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
This program starts monthly.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesProject Management Marketing Management, Organisation & Leadership View 14 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal admission requirements for this program. All you need is to be 16 or older. You can enrol anytime and start right away, regardless of your previous education.
- Please note: If you have a Bachelor of Administration, Bachelor of Commerce, or a similar degree, you cannot apply to the University Certificate in Management Applications program.
- Course fees vary depending on your location and other factors.
- You can estimate your total program cost by multiplying the cost of a 3-credit course by the number of courses you need to take for the program. Remember that tuition costs may increase each year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.