This Politics: an Introduction course aims to to introduce participants to the study of politics. This course will enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding of the principal theories, concepts and ideologies that have influenced the development of the contemporary state
- Develop an understanding of political behaviour
- Understand how legislative and governmental systems work
- Appreciate the connection between the global and local through studying policy-making and implementation processes
By the end of this course students will be expected to have gained the following skills:
- The ability to analyse and discuss ideas criticallyli>
- The ability to identify and compare the key characteristics of political and governmental institutions and how they function/li>
- The ability to compare and contrast politics in different countries
- The ability to research current political issues and relate them to the course material
FHEQ level 4, 10 CATS points
- Introducing Politics.
- Key Concepts in Politics.
- Political Ideas and the Modern State.
- Political Ideologies and Movements of the Left.
- Political Ideologies and Movements of the Right.
- Political Behaviour.
- Government and Governmental Systems.
- Policy-making and Implementation.
- Trends and Issues in International Politics.
- Globalisation and the Nation-State.
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Modern History Political Science View 20 other Short Courses in Political Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will be set two pieces of work for the course. The first of 500 words is due halfway through your course.
- This does not count towards your final outcome but preparing for it, and the feedback you are given, will help you prepare for your assessed piece of work of 1,500 words due at the end of the course. The assessed work is marked pass or fail.
This course is delivered online; to participate you must to be familiar with using a computer for purposes such as sending email and searching the Internet.
International300 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 GBP for the full programme during 3 months.
EU/EEA300 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 GBP for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.