The International Economic History course from Umea University is open to foreign and Swedish students with interest in gaining basic understanding and insight in the international economic history development. A good knowledge of the English language and general eligibility for university education are required.
Expected learning outcomesAfter completing the course the students have acquired:
- Basic knowledge concerning economic growth, transformation, and crises
- Basic understanding for the role of the factors of production and patterns of industrialization as well as technological, institutional and structural change
- Basic knowledge concerning changes in economic thought, trade policy, and economic integration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This course studies the long-term international economic and social development.
- In focus are economic growth, economic thought, trade, crises and globalization, from the early medieval period up to present day.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Selection Results - National university aptitude test - Academic credits Applicants in some programs at Umeå University have guaranteed admission to this course. The number of places for a single course may therefore be limited.
International2291 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2291 EUR per year during 5 months.
- Total fee SEK 23,250
- As a citizen of a country outside the (EU), (EEA) or Switzerland, you are required to pay application and tuition fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.