Students must complete six core classes and two electives to earn the certificate in Construction Supervision with an emphasis in either Civil Sitework or Building. All classes should be completed within two years of starting the program.
- Construction supervision requires a wide variety of skills including: people skills (effective leadership, accident prevention, and clear communication), technical skills (planning, scheduling, cost control, and productivity improvements), and management skills (project management, contract and document comprehension, and complex problem-solving).
- The Professional Certificate in Construction Supervision at San Diego State University is a variation on the popular AGC Supervisory Training Program with added material such as web tours, expanded topic studies, and group problem-solving sessions that address common industry issues.
- This online program provides the flexibility to study anytime and anywhere, and students have an entire week to complete each assignment. (Students should dedicate about five hours per week, per class.) Courses do not need to be taken in any particular order and there are no prerequisites. Students should self-assess whether they have the construction background necessary for this program.
- Leadership and Motivation
- Oral and Written Communication
- Problem Solving and Risk Management
- Contract Documents and Construction Law
- Planning and Scheduling
- Construction Productivity and Cost Management
- Construction Equipment and Methods
- Practical Applications of Civil Sitework
- Building Green Buildings: The Contractor's Perspective
- Construction Project Management
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Enroll in the program at any time, even before registering for a course.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Management Studies View 285 other Short Courses in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Scans of Official Transcripts
- Personal Information Form
- Writing Sample
International5184 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5184 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
National5184 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5184 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.