The tutor will provide an effective learning environment that is student led in order to allow for the maximum use of time and the greatest learning opportunities.
Students will be provided with a demonstration on a specific skill in either pairs or groups of four, which they will then analyse and practice.
Note taking during this Introduction To Professional Sewing Skills - Part 1 course from London College of Fashion is a must, as students will need to take initiative regarding their own development and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTopics covered:
- Zipper (concealed, exposed and trouser)
- Collar - shirt, jacket/coat
- Pocket - jett, welt, patch hidden stitch
- Sleeve opening for jacket and shirts
- Hems - pin, single, double and cover seam
- Handstitching - slip stitch and cross stitch for jersey/stretch fabric
- Checking patterns (to be used for Introduction to Professional Sewing Skills Part 2)
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 122 other Short Courses in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please bring to the first session:
- Scissors for fabric and paper
- Dressmaker's pins
- Tailor's chalk
- Tape measure
- Pens and notebook for taking notes
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.