- Deepens your knowledge and understanding of health and social care
- Apply theories to help understand real-life case studies
- Develops practical and employability skills
- Builds a solid foundation for further study in this sector
We make all our qualifications as accessible as possible and have a comprehensive range of services to support all our students. The Certificate of Higher Education in Adult Health and Social Care uses a variety of study materials and has the following elements:
- studying a mixture of printed and online material – online learning resources may include websites, audio/video media clips, and interactive activities such as online quizzes
- working in a group with other students
- using and producing diagrams and screenshots
- finding external/third party material online.
Skills for career development
The certificate builds sector knowledge, develops practical skills and provides a foundation for further study. It will help you demonstrate your understanding of the relationships between policy and practice, and some of the human issues associated with adult health and social care. You’ll also develop a strong set of transferable skills that are highly valued by employers in all sectors, including the ability to:
- draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information
- produce accurate records and make informed decisions
- think logically and propose reasoned solutions
- put together well-judged arguments and question assumptions
- manage time, learn independently and use IT effectively.
This certificate was developed in consultation with employers in health and social care to ensure that it develops the key skills and knowledge base needed to work in the sector. It also draws on the latest research and the experience of practising professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
This qualification develops your learning in four main areas:
- Knowledge and understanding
- Cognitive skills
- Practical and professional skills
- Key skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Social Work View 67 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
- At The Open University we believe education should be open to all, so we provide a high-quality university education to anyone who wishes to realise their ambitions and fulfil their potential.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.