The need for ongoing technological innovation has become a strategic necessity for many organisations. Even in traditionally stable sectors, the option of maintaining the status quo is seldom viable. This creates challenges for how organisations acquire and manage the resources and capabilities necessary for effective approaches to innovation and create and maintain contexts that support strategic action.
What you will study
This Strategic Capabilities for Technological Innovation module at The Open University UK is relevant if you are involved or interested in the development and management of technological innovation in a wide variety of contexts and sectors as diverse and varied as:
- transport and logistics
- energy production and supply
- defence and security,
- management and administration
- any form of services, including health, welfare and leisure.
In all these fields, and more, the major theme of this module - the importance of strategically planning and managing a range of organisational resources and capabilities to deliver technological innovation - is central to the effective and successful operation of organisations of any size and purpose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Innovation capabilities
- Innovation strategy
- Business models for innovation
- Innovation, culture and risk
- Innovation, power and influence
- Future capabilities for innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 10 other Short Courses in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This is a masters-level module that can be taken either as a stand-alone module or as part of a postgraduate qualification.
- Relevant professional experience will provide you with a good foundation for studying this module. However, as it takes a multi-disciplinary view of technology strategy, you don’t need to have previously studied any of the topics covered in the module.
- Your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you will need a minimum overall score of 6 and minimum score of 5.5 in each of the four components: reading, writing, speaking and listening under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2075 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2075 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA2075 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2075 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.