Bag design is one of the most interesting and fascinating growing areas of Fashion. This Bag Design: Intensive short course offered at London College of Fashion will help you to develop your love of handbags from dream into reality.
Showing you what's involved creatively in each of the different areas of research, taking you through design stages and development to reach your final idea. You will also learn about new materials and current trends in Bags, including developments in sustainability and Technology.
After completing this course students will learn how to focus their creative ideas, how to present them and where to go next.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain in easy to understand accessible English, if they use any special terminology we make sure they explain what it is they mean.
- New methodologies will be explained to you in a way that’s crystal clear and easy to understand.
- We even include live demonstrations of particular techniques so that you can see exactly how things should be done.
- We also offer a bunch of learning resources for you to access outside of the live lessons. This allows you to ensure you are up to date and you can practice and review the things that are important to you. Practice makes perfect after all!
Live interactive classrooms:
- We like to do things the right way, that's why all of our online classes are live, you won't find any recordings here (well apart from the recording we provide in case you miss a live session)
- Expect live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Discuss topics related to your course in real time via your microphone and camera or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Miss a class? Thats ok you can catch up in a recording which is available for 2 weeks after your course runs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Trend research
- Storyboards /mood boards
- Developing design concepts and your personal design brief
- Material research and fittings
- Working drawings and looking at spec sheets
- Insight in to the bag industry
- Introduction to prototyping
- 7 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no strict deadline, but we take enrolments until each course is full, so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 80 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
You'll also need the following materials:
- Thin card or pattern cutting card (A3)
- Masking tape
- Steel ruler
- Cutting board
International550 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 GBP for the full programme during 7 days.
National550 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 550 GBP for the full programme during 7 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.