This Financial Strategy - Valuation, Governance and Ethics module from The Open University UK aims to equip you with the necessary theoretical, applied and critical skills needed to take financial management responsibilities within an organisation. The first part of this module will provide you with theoretical and analytical knowledge required to decide about investing in projects, acquiring other business and about other investment decisions. The second part of the module will acquaint you with the issues of corporate governance, ethics and disclosure of information which are the heart of responsible financial management in our era. The third part of the module explores the emerging field of Islamic finance tracing its origins, scope and implications for financial decisions in a global economy.
This module together with the earlier compulsory module Introduction to corporate finance will be of particular interest to you if you are working, or planning to work, in the finance sector of an organisation or in the finance division of a company or public sector/not-for-profit organisation. It will also benefit individuals who work, or intend to work, outside of the finance domain but who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in order to increase future opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The main topics covered in this module:
- Project evaluation techniques including Net Present Value, Profitability Index, Internal Rate of Return, and Payback Method
- Company valuation
- Mergers and acquisition
- Corporate governance and disclosure in national and international contexts
- Models of corporate governance and stakeholder perspectives
- Islamic finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 203 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
This is the second module in our Open University Business School MSc in Finance and therefore you must hold a BA/BSc degree awarded by a recognised university, or equivalent. Due to the defined study pattern for this qualification you must study Introduction to corporate finance (B858) before taking this module.
- Various higher education and professional qualifications are considered equivalent to a degree. If you hold a qualification that you believe is an equivalent level to a UK degree you should contact us. The Open University Business School Masters Programme Committee is responsible for judging whether applicants’ qualifications meet the requirements for admission.
- You will also need an appropriate facility in English language, sufficient to be able to work effectively at postgraduate level; generally this means capability equivalent to an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2260 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
National2260 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2260 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.