Environmental Monitoring and Protection module at The Open University UK , e consists of two introductory units and four specialist blocks covering pollution prevention related to water, noise, air and solid waste. Modelling using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets is an important part of the module. Video programmes show you practice in the field, and legal aspects of pollution control in the UK are outlined. This module will appeal to anyone who wants to specialise in the technical aspects of environmental protection. For ease of reference, technical data and a glossary are included in the study materials. The module is delivered entirely online, thus allowing study worldwide.
Support from your tutor
You will be allocated a tutor whom you can contact by email and telephone for guidance and advice with the study material. Your tutor will mark and give feedback on the assignments that you submit. You will be able to communicate with fellow students via an online forum.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Block 1: Water pollution control
- Block 2: Noise control
- Block 3: Air quality management
- Block 4: Solid wastes management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 19 other Short Courses in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This module can be studied as an option in our postgraduate environmental management programme or it can be taken on its own.
- If you are taking this module as part of a postgraduate qualification, you must have adequate preparation for study at this level. You should have a science or engineering bachelors degree or equivalent qualification, and a good knowledge of written English.
- You should be familiar with pure mathematics and chemistry at A-level or Advanced Highers standard (or equivalent).
- You should be familiar with chemical equations and their use in numerical problems related to chemical reactions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2075 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2075 GBP for the full programme
National2075 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2075 GBP for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.