This course is for beginners, and also more experienced fashion designers who want to improve their drawing skills. Fashion sketching and illustrating are key skills in the fashion design process, and this fashion illustration course will teach you how to draw garments and render materials such as silk, leather and denim using pencils and markers.By the end of this course you will have developed your skills to a higher level, and will be more confident in your ability to accurately express your creative ideas. You will also have developed a range of high-quality drawings for your portfolio, that can aid you in a job or degree application.
Course Outcomes:By the end of the Garments - Fashion Drawing and Illustration (Online Short Course) from London College of Fashion you will have;
- Developed the skills to draw and render garments with confidence and effectively communicate and present your design ideas
- Practiced and mastered a range of drawing and rendering techniques
- Produced a body of work that can contribute to a fashion or illustration portfolio
- Received personal feedback on your designs and progress from your tutor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Free hand garment drawing
- Garment silhouettes and garment details
- Understanding drapery and volume
- Basic shading techniques
- Highlighting with markers
- Full colour marker rendering
- Depicting different fabrics, textures, pattern and embellishment (using markers, coloured pencils and selection of different pens)
- Tools and equipment hints
- Shading with graphite or soft pencil
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no strict deadline, but we take enrolments until each course is full, so we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 80 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
International400 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
National400 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.