You will start by draping fabric onto a dressmakers stand/mannequin and learning the techniques to transfer these designs onto paper to make a pattern. You will then move on to more advanced styling, transforming your concepts into different shapes and styles as well as making and sewing a final finished toile (test garment).
In order to aid your learning, during the 3D Draping Summer School course from London College of Fashion, you will use the bestselling book 'Art of Fashion Draping' by Connie Amaden-Crawford, which includes step by step information and clear to understand diagrams for you to follow alongside the tutor’s demonstrations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Differences between stand size, actual body measurements and size charts
- Fabric characteristics
- Bodice, sleeves, necklines and collars * Skirt styles - A-line circular, pleats, gathers, flares and fishtail
- Styling with dart manipulation
- Isometric draping
- Cutting and stitching a toile
- Single size grading
- Modelling a strapless bodice
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 170 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Steel pins dressmaking pins (not glass headed pins)
- Tape measure (with metric and imperial on same side)
- Fabric shearsPaper scissors
- Small pointed scissors
- 5cm ruler
- Magic scotch tape
- 2B or 3B pencils
- >Fineliner pens (4 red, 2 blue, 2 black recommended)
- Pattern notcher (optional)
- Hand sewing needles
- Thread (any colour)
- Set square and vary form curve
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.