You will also examine the benefits of textile testing, how to select relevant tests for different end products, and how the fabric performance largely determines the quality of the final garment.
By the end of the course you will:
- Recognise different faults in fabrics
- Understand how faults occur
- Understand how to formulate strategies for dealing with faults
- Understand textile test methods
- How to evaluate test results and reports
- Understand the benefits of textile testing and appreciate the different quality features of fashion fabrics
This Fabric Testing and Quality course from London College of Fashion is suitable for anyone who has contact with off-site testing houses and who wants to gain a greater understanding of the test methods used and the evaluation of results. Also, anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of the quality aspects of textiles in general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTopics covered:
- Quality in textile / clothing products
- Legal requirements
- Faults in Fabrics
- Textile test methods (we cover all the main tests for fashion fabrics)
- Interpretation of test results
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 122 other Short Courses in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.