If you are considering a career in fashion design then this Fashion Design and Making-Residential Summer School for 13 to 16 Year Olds course from London College of Fashion will offer insight into how designers research, record and communicate their ideas.
You will start the week with a trip to a London museum or current exhibition, accompanied by LCF tutors who will guide you in creating your own sketchbook full of research and inspiration.
Back in the classroom, you’ll use the collected research to begin creating your own designs on paper, you’ll then select your chosen design /detail and develop these onto mannequin stands to create sculptural outfits.
Finally you’ll also be introduced to a variety of embellishment techniques such as fabric manipulation, applique and beading, which you can then select to decorate your skirt. Please note this course is focused on womenswear design and making so all students will be making a skirt.
In addition, you'll leave the course with:
- Sketchbook full of ideas and inspiration
- Final mood board including figure templates
- A selection of embellishment samples
- Completed hand embellished garment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureTopics covered:
- Fashion drawing: learning to capture movement and gestures
- Drawing clothes from a stand onto templates: understanding drape and volume
- Mood boards: colour, theme and style
- Fashion illustration: developing your own drawing style
- Understanding a shop bought pattern: marking and laying
- Investigating various embellishment techniques: fabric manipulation, applique, beading and hand stitching
- Customising your own garment
- Garment assembly: sewing, pressing and finishing techniques
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Marketing Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 170 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please bring the following items with you to each class:
- Laptop/ iPad/ tablet
- Notebook and pen
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.