- Effective negotiation is not about being stubborn in the face of inevitable change. Nor is it about being passive when challenged. It is about mastering strategic and analytic skills that enable you, as an organizational leader, to accurately diagnose problems, build winning coalitions and craft robust agreements.
- In short, it is about shaping your circumstances before they shape you.
Improve Your Negotiation Strategies
- Mastering Negotiation: Building Agreements Across Boundaries is a one-week program from Harvard Kennedy School that goes beyond other negotiation workshops to address the challenges of negotiating across cultures, organizations and sectors.
- Led by Harvard faculty with decades of experience, this program explores how to achieve consensus among a variety of stakeholders in order to create sustainable solutions. You'll examine the effects of social and organizational culture on negotiation while also developing the adaptive skills you need to translate your effectiveness to other settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This five-day program will further develop participants’ skills in:
- Shaping the agenda for strategic action in the face of resistance and uncertainty
- Cultivating relationships in order to build coalitions for effective deal crafting
- Exploiting leverage points in rules, prior commitments and obligations to influence perceptions and alternatives.
- Mapping the influential players to anticipate barriers to and opportunities for negotiated agreements.
- Framing persuasive arguments and alternatives in order to create added value
- Shifting the balance of forces within and across organizations to build momentum
- Initiating strategic moves at and away from the table to ‘change the game’
- Assessing negotiation outcomes with a view to improving future performance.
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Area & Cultural Studies Political Science View 54 other Short Courses in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Mastering Negotiation is designed for senior leaders across sectors seeking to advance their negotiation skills.
- Senior public officials at the national, state and local level
- Corporate executives, including C-level, vice president and director
- Nonprofit and NGOleaders
International8800 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 USD per module during 5 days.
National8800 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 USD per module during 5 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.