Strategic Management of Regulatory and Enforcement Agencies, an intensive, five-day online program at Harvard Kennedy School, examines the distinctive managerial and operational challenges faced by government officials and other professionals who have regulatory, enforcement, security, compliance-management, or other risk-control responsibilities.
- This one-of-a-kind program emphasizes the management and operations of such agencies (regulatory practice) as opposed to the reform of law (regulatory policy), and it is oriented more towards social regulation (provision of safety, health, security) rather than economic regulation (efficient functioning of specific markets).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Through case studies, lectures, and small-group discussions and workshops, you'll explore compelling regulatory topics such as:
- How should success be defined and best measured in a regulatory or risk-control setting?
- What is a “risk-based approach” to regulation?
- What does it mean to be vigilant with respect to novel, emerging, or invisible risks?
- How might different parts of the risk-management task be allocated among regulators, industry, and third parties? How do such structural decisions relate to ideas about prescriptive regulation, performance-based regulation, responsive-regulation, self-regulation, etc.? When should one model be preferred over another?
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStrategic Management View 85 other Short Courses in Strategic Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International3600 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 USD for the full programme during 5 days.
National3600 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 USD for the full programme during 5 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.