Through coursework and supervised clinical experiences, students are equipped with the skills and knowledge to serve communities through the promotion of optimal nutrition, health and well-being.
- The need for dietetics practitioners is expected to increase as the health care community places a greater emphasis on the benefits of healthy eating, disease prevention and medical nutrition therapy.
- Upon successful completion of the Dietetic Internship from Long Island University (LIU), a Certificate of Advanced Studies is awarded, and students are eligible to sit for the (RD Exam). Upon passing the (RD Exam), a student will become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN).
The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students in the School of Health Professions and Nursing benefit from academic programs that have all gone through a rigorous accreditation process to ensure the highest level of standards in curriculum and instruction.
- In addition, the School is affiliated with some of the top hospitals, medical centers, clinics, health care and public service organizations in the world.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 9 other Short Courses in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official Undergraduate transcripts for proof of baccalaureate degree or master’s degree and Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements. Applicants who will have not completed their degrees prior to admission deadlines should submit a transcript without the final semester's grades. Such applicants may be accepted pending receipt of their final degree noted transcripts. Submit one copy of official transcripts from all other institutions attended, including other graduate programs.
- Three letters of recommendation (two from faculty; one from a work employer)
- One copy of Declaration of Intent to complete the degree and minimal Academic Requirements or one copy of the Verification Statement
- Personal statement
International1274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1274 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National1274 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1274 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.