Jiangnan University’s roots stretch back to 1902 when its predecessor, San Jiang Normal School, began its first term. In 1958, Jiangnan University began its independent existence as Wuxi Institute of Light Industry, which later merged with two other colleges in 2001, and was renamed as Jiangnan University by the Ministry of Education.
The university, with the area of 208 hectares, consists of 18 schools and is the home to 3,343 staff and faculty members, 20,153 full-time undergraduates, 8,940 postgraduates and 1,285 international students.
The library building, located on the central axis of the new campus, was put into use in 2007. With a floor space of 52217 m2, a holding capacity of 2,700,000 books and 4,000 reading room seats, it is one of the largest libraries among higher institutions of Jiangsu Province.
Locations-Jiangnan University. Jiangnan University (JU) is located in the city of Wuxi, 2 hours' drive from Shanghai in the east and Nanjing in the west. With a civilization of over 6,000 to 7,000 years, Wuxi was built 3,000 years ago and is one of the earliest cities in Jiangsu Province.
Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!