Creative Writing course offers at the Scottish Universities' International Summer School students attend selected lectures from our Modernism and Contemporary Literature courses. Students are strongly advised to read as many of the texts as possible before arriving in Edinburgh, as time will be limited once the programme is underway. The lectures are pitched high, and lecturers are advised that all students will be familiar with the texts at the time of lecture.
Students at Creative Writing course offers at the Scottish Universities' International Summer School will:
- develop their own critical analysis by attending Modernism and Contemporary Literature lectures, as well as author-led Masterclasses.
- engage in unique discussions and activities.
- Workshop Seminars
- Author-led Masterclasses
- Individual Mentoring Sessions
- Publishing Lecture
- Editorial groups
- Northern Light
- 27 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing General Studies & Classics Literature View 48 other Short Courses in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- One reference letter, either from an academic institution or an employer familiar with your work, and who can certify your fluency in English
- Passport-style photo
- Supporting documents: Written sample of work: EITHER a single work of prose or drama (max. 3,000 words) or a selection of poetry (max. 50 lines)
- If you are applying for a scholarship, please include a letter demonstrating why you are an excellent candidate for a scholarship
- You should also ensure you have sufficient funds in your account to make a £100 deposit
International1981 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1981 GBP for the full programme during 27 days.
EU/EEA1981 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1981 GBP for the full programme during 27 days.
The course fee includes all lectures, seminars, masterclasses, full lending rights at library, lunch and extensive social and cultural programme.
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.