Additional topics include: facility configuration, storage and handling techniques, metrics, customer service considerations, and the role of distribution operations in different industries. Includes exposure to bar-coding, picking and shipping processes, and storage and sorting systems.
Who Should Attend
The Supply Chain Fundamentals: Warehousing Operations course at the Georgia Institute of Technology is designed for Receiving, Shipping, Putaway, Picking, and Packing Clerks, Operators, Analysts, Supervisors, and Warehouse, Terminal, Crossdock, and Distribution Center administrators, clerks, analysts, supervisors, and managers as well as learners seeking to enter these roles. Supply chain professionals from other domains will also benefit through gaining insights into warehousing operations.
How You Will Benefit
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the physical, technological, process, and safety considerations of warehouse/distribution operations.
- Explain facility configuration considerations, representative storage and handling techniques, performance metrics, customer service considerations, and the role of distribution operations in different industries.
- Discuss picking and shipping processes and material handling equipment.
- Describe the key operations that take place within a warehouse and how they relate to each other.
- Discover the different warehouse operating/ownership models.
- Warehousing & Its Function
- Receiving Goods At The Distribution Center
- Putaway And Restocking
- Picking And Packing
- The Shipping Of Goods
- Safe, Healthy, And Secure Working Environments
- Inventory Control
- Labor Performance Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesManagement Studies Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 286 other Short Courses in Management Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Georgia Institute of Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Computer with speakers to access online content
Important Course Information
This is a self-paced online course. Students may register any time before the published registration deadline and will have access to the course through the published "Access Ends" date.
International350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.