The Supply Chain Fundamentals: Inventory Management course from Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech) will teach you the key elements of inventory control and management, including inventory cost components, types and uses of inventory, planning inventory levels, maintaining inventory accuracy, and metrics and roles associated with inventory management.
Who Should Attend
- Sourcing Analysts, Supervisors, Managers, Clerks, Representatives, Agents, Leads, and Specialists
- Procurement Analysts, Supervisors, Managers, Agents, Clerks, Leads, Representatives, and Specialists
- Contract Development Specialists, Agents, Clerks, Leads, Representatives, and Supervisors
- Buyers, Senior Buyers
- Purchasing Analysts, Representatives, Supervisors, Managers, Agents, Clerks, Leads, and Specialists
- Supply Chain and Logistics Managers, Analysts, Consultants, Supervisors, Technologists, Planners and Engineers
- Business and Systems Analysts
- Supply Chain Education and Human Resource Management personnel
- Inventory Planners
- Order Management Supervisors, Managers, Analysts
- Demand Planners, Supply Planners, Forecast Analysts, Forecasting Managers
- Inventory Managers, Inventory Clerks, Inventory Analysts
- Transportation Planners, Transportation Clerks, Transportation Analysts, Transportation Managers
How You Will Benefit
- Discuss the main reasons for carrying inventory
- Describe the main approaches to managing inventory
- Explain the key roles and responsibilities for managing inventory at distribution centers (DCs)
- Discuss the way inventory management functions with other processes in a company
- Describe inventory replenishment and its relationship to customer service levels
- Discuss the main ways to categorize and to manage inventory
- Describe the tools and techniques used for inventory control
- Discuss key concepts of inventory storage and deployment
- Explain methods used to measure inventory accuracy and stock keeping
- Understand how inventory management works with other functional groups in a company
- Describe the link between inventory management and forecasting
- Discuss uncertainty in the inventory process and how to address it
- Understand how better visibility of inventory and demand can reduce total inventory
- Discuss key measures of inventory performance
- Explain the costs related to inventory
- Inventory Management
- Monitoring and Analyzing Inventory Management
- Inventory Control
- Inventory Management and Forecasting
- Managing Inventory in the Supply Chain
- Inventory Performance Measurement & Financial Implications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesManagement Studies Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 48 other Short Courses in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United States
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Access to the content for this course requires you to set up a password for your Georgia Tech (GT) account different from your account and password on this website.
- After you complete your registration follow the "How to Access Your Course Content" instructions which display on the session details (summary) page for this course.
- This is a self-paced online course. You may register anytime while registration is open and will have access to the course through the published "Access Ends" date.
- Computer with speakers to access online content
- Access to online course content and optional reading materials until the course end date
International350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 USD for the full programme during 12 months.