Gain experience with fashion trends, techniques, and design standards. Begin by completing one of the required courses below. This Fashion Design certificate from The New School must be completed within two years.
What You’ll Gain
- The ability to create fashion sketches from model images and live models and create fashion flats and fashion illustrations
- The skill to conduct creative research and apply it to concept development
- Familiarity with all the tools and materials needed to drape muslin patterns, make flat patterns, and construct garments
- Expertise in identifying various fabric types, yardage specifications, notions, trimmings, and sewing supplies
How You’ll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration and video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
- The ability to review course content and complete assignments at any time
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Color Theory
- Design Sketching
- Construction Techniques
- Fashion Flats
- Worth to Westwood: Fashion History
- Fashion Styling
- Anyone interested in the design side of the fashion industry
- Creative individuals who want to use fabric and fashion design to develop and realize their vision
- Fashion professionals seeking to advance their practice
- Entrepreneurs learning about garment construction before launching their own companies
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Introductory courses for the Fall 2021 semester begin August 30th.
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 9 other Short Courses in Fashion Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International6800 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6800 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
National6800 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6800 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.