A leader in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) training for more than 25 years, we've refined our certificate-level training to give our students the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in adult education programs, nonprofits, private language schools and tutoring centers, businesses, libraries, and community colleges.
- The Teaching English certificate at The New School is designed for aspiring and working ESL teachers whose personal or professional goals don't require a master's degree.
- The five-course curriculum has a practical orientation based on the theory and techniques of communicative, student-centered, and culturally sensitive teaching.
- This program equips you with skills readily applicable to classroom teaching and tutoring here and abroad—where the demand for English language teachers has never been greater.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All spring 2021 courses will be online. The semester will run from January 19 to May 10.
- Courses need not be taken in the order listed unless a prerequisite is indicated in the course description.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching View 20 other Short Courses in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, but applicants with at least 60 semester credits of college-level coursework will be considered. Non-native speakers of English must have a minimum score of 100 on the Internet-Based TOEFL.
- Submit the online application form, which includes a short writing sample and a grammar test.
- Once the application materials have been received and reviewed, you will be contacted for an interview. An interview can be conducted either in person or by telephone.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.