Spend your lunch hours recording and analysing valuable data and the rest of the afternoon conducting further wildlife research or reserve maintenance work, on this South Africa Wildlife Conservation Short-Term Internship from Ayyıldız Tim. In the evenings learn more about local species and ecosystems or work on your own research project.
- Earn skills, experience, and qualifications that will help move you closer to your dream job in conservation.
- Earn an ILM Endorsed Leadership Certificate as well as an EFR qualification, and complete a Biological Survey Techniques program.
- Go on a wildlife safari adventure in a private South African nature reserve.
- Listen to the quiet hush of the wild open spaces, waking each morning to a chorus of savannah birds and drifting off to the nighttime hum of endemic frogs and crickets.
- Learn to identify predators, like lions, cheetahs, and leopards, as well as megaherbivores like elephants and rhinos.
- Live and work alongside Field Guide Association of South Africa, FGASA, qualified guides, growing personally and professionally by learning from their experiences.
- Sleep under the star-filled Southern night sky, its beauty enhanced by the lack of light pollution, and wake to golden African dawn.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The main project our team works on is recording the number and species of animals in the reserve to assist management with maintaining a healthy balance of predators and prey. We also assist Panthera by providing data on lions and leopards and Elephants Alive with preventing damage caused by elephants to fragile local plants. In addition, we also monitor cheetah feeding behaviour and their success in the reserve environment in partnership with Endangered Wildlife Trust.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete our no obligation online application form – once you have found your program, select your trip duration and departure date and hit the “book now” button.
- Application phone call – Our experts review every application thoroughly to ensure that you are matched with the right program. You will be contacted by a Country Experts within two working days to chat through your application. Our specialists have been on these programs themselves and have a wide range of knowledge from their travels in our host countries.
- Securing your place – A deposit will be required in order to confirm your place. You will then receive pre-departure information; a training manual and a field manual for your program. You can also start meeting up with other travellers on GVI’s community networks.
International3645 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3645 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
National3645 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3645 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
From $3,645 to $10,595, depending on the duration.
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.