The Thailand Wildlife Conservation Short-Term Internship from Ayyıldız Tim gives you the opportunity to gain work experience in three different aspects: elephant research, community development (teaching), and biodiversity.
The community development aspect will focus on teaching English to children at the local school, homestay families, and the elephant keepers (mahouts). You will also be involved in supporting community efforts to reduce their financial dependence on their elephants.
- Living in rural Thailand
- Help improve education levels and opportunities in the local Karen community;
- Helping protect Thailand’s diverse environment;
- Observe a semi wild herd of elephants in their natural habitat;
- Meeting people from all over the world;
- Becoming immersed in several different program areas within the one location;
- Living within and learning about the fascinating Thai and Karen cultures;
- Earn your GVI ILM Leadership Development certificate, a qualification recognised by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The biodiversity program involves surveying and identifying reptiles, mammals, insects and birds in the local area using different techniques.
- The elephant programme consists of leading elephant health checks, studying the behaviour of the herd, educating others about Asian elephants and reintegrating captive elephants into the protected forests.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete our no obligation online application form – once you have found your program, select your trip duration and departure date and hit the “book now” button.
- Application phone call – Our experts review every application thoroughly to ensure that you are matched with the right program. You will be contacted by a Country Experts within two working days to chat through your application. Our specialists have been on these programs themselves and have a wide range of knowledge from their travels in our host countries.
- Securing your place – A deposit will be required in order to confirm your place. You will then receive pre-departure information; a training manual and a field manual for your program. You can also start meeting up with other travellers on GVI’s community networks.
International3075 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3075 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
National3075 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3075 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
from $3,075 to $7,590 depending on the duration .
Living costs for Chiang Mai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.