It is an outstanding opportunity for students to gain experience in bioarchaeological investigation by working side-by-side with leading researchers in the field.
The lab-activities and lectures will be carried out at the Laboratory of Paleopathology (within the Medical School of Pisa).
The Osteoarchaeology and Paleopathology course from University of Pisa is designed to provide all participants with an in-depth knowledge about the analysis of ancient human skeletal remains. Biological profile reconstruction is aimed at obtaining the greatest possible amount of information on the environment, lifestyle, and diseases that afflicted past populations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Summer School will take place over the course of 3 weeks, in order to provide students with the basic knowledge of skeletal anatomy, physical anthropology and paleopathology necessary to approach osteological analyses.
- The skeletal materials under examination include samples from Tuscan excavations dating back to the medieval ages. The activities will be completed under the supervision of the experienced staff of the Division of Paleopathology, with the supervision of Professor Gino Fornaciari.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 19 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Natural Sciences View 4 other Short Courses in Archaeology in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The Summer School has no formal prerequisites; students will be fully trained for all the activities they experience.
- Knowledge of the English language is also required.
- Identity Document (*PASSPORT in case you are a foreign student*)
- Enrolment Form
- Curriculum vitae
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International750 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
EU/EEA750 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.