The aim of the Vada Volaterrana Archaeological Field School programme from at University of Pisa is to provide the teaching methodology of Archaeological research in Roman townscapes and landscapes.
- Stratigraphic excavations of the buildings of the harbour quarter of Vada Volaterrana
- Classification of the buildings and finds
- Non-destructive diagnostic techniques applied to the archaeological research
- Digital management of the documentation.
Students from European and extra European Universities
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 4 other Short Courses in History in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Identity Document (*PASSPORT in case you are a foreign student*)
- Enrolment Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of tetanus vaccination
- Certificate of healthy and robust constitution
International1000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
+ 1050 euro to cover transports from and to the site, housing, meals, excavation, laboratory equipment and staff costs
Living costs for Leghorn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.