The Summer Student at Fermilab and Other US Laboratories Certificate from University of Pisa engineering students will be trained in the Fermilab accelerator division, technical division or computing division or in groups working on applied research in other us laboratories or universities.
physics students will be trained in the research groups working on the new fermilab initiatives, the mu2e, muon (g-2), nova experiments, as well as future neutrino physics experiments, or in the fermilab group which collaborates with the cms experiment at cern, or in the theory group. for some students the internship may take place in other us laboratories or universities.
The aim of the Summer Student at Fermilab and Other US Laboratories program from University of Pisa is to provide a 9-week hands-on training in a International particle physics laboratory
Get more detailsVisit programme website
- Engineering students will be trained in the fermilab accelerator division, technical division or computing division or in goups working on applied research in other us laboratories or universities.each intern will be supervised by one mentor, an employee of the us laboratory.
- The mentor is responsible of the entire training program of the intern for the 9 weeks of permanence on the us soil. each intern will present a written report which will be object of evaluation by a university of pisa committee.
Check out the full curriculumVisit programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 5 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Be enrolled in a Master program.
- Identity Document (*PASSPORT in case you are a foreign student*)
- Enrolment Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- FermiLab Form (the FermiLab Form is available HERE)
- Letter of Intent with a description of the research interests and personal motivations to participate in the program
- One or more Letters of Recommendation by a mentor should be sent directly by the mentor
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Pisa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.