This Financial Management Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign covers the fundamentals of strategic financial management, including financial accounting, investments, and corporate finance. You will learn to evaluate major strategic corporate and investment decisions and to understand capital markets and institutions from a financial perspective, and you will develop an integrated framework for value-based financial management and individual financial decision-making.
The Financial Management Specialization is part of the University of Illinois iMBA Program. Each course in this Specialization also fulfills a portion of the requirements for a University of Illinois course that can earn you college credit.
When you complete the Financial Management Specialization, you will:
- Have a solid foundation in developing an integrated framework for strategic financial decision-making.
- Have a thorough understanding of financial statements and the financial information they provide, and be able to critically evaluate and analyze cash flows statements.
- Understand the management and evaluation of portfolios and firm valuation techniques.
- Understand how to incorporate risk and uncertainty into investment decisions and understand how companies make financing and investment decisions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting: Foundations
- Financial Accounting: Advanced Topics
- Investments I: Fundamentals of Performance Evaluation
- Investments II: Lessons and Applications for Investors
- Corporate Finance I: Measuring and Promoting Value Creation
- Corporate Finance II: Financing Investments and Managing Risk
- Financial Management Capstone
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFinance Management Studies View 163 other Short Courses in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Some related experience required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.