- The Ecotoxicology course offered by Utrecht University, is also suitable for industrial and governmental researchers, managers and policymakers. The basic knowledge offered in this course is essential for all those who are or wish to become involved in the field of hazards posed by environmental contaminants.
- This course provides a broad overview of different aspects of ecotoxicology, including environmental chemistry, toxicology, ecology and risk assessment related topics. The course consists of lectures, working classes and practicals. Lectures will generally be held in the mornings. Experimental work, video training, working lectures and study visits will take place in the afternoons, to provide examples and practical understanding of the theory. The course is divided into two parts of one week each.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fate of chemicals in the environment
- Sorption and (bio)degradation of organic chemicals
- Speciation of metals in soil and water
- Bioaccumulation and biomagnification of persistent chemicals
- Structure-activity relationships
- Toxicokinetics and biotransformation in relation to differences in toxicity between species
- Mechanisms in ecotoxicology and Mixture toxicity
- Dose-response relationships
- Population effects
- Dr.Ir. C.A.M. van Gestel
- Dr.Ir.N.W. van den Brink
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesToxicology Ecology View 14 other Short Courses in Ecology in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Each application should be made using the PET application form.
- Please note: with your first application you should also send us a CV containing specific details on your toxicological background.
- Candidates, who wish to enrol in the PET programme for the purpose of recognition and registration as a professional toxicologist, should first consult the webpages of the Netherlands Society of Toxicology (NVT) for a supervisor to discuss a personal training plan.
International1600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Fees for PhD students:
- Internal student: €330
- External student: €550
Living costs for Utrecht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.