The course will allow you to deepen your knowledge and understanding through research, case studies and practical skills-based projects.
With a core focus on professional ethics and the wide-ranging impact of computing technologies in society, the programme will support learners in acquiring crucial skills which underpin the duties and responsibilities of today’s computing professionals.
This online Computing and IT course is made up of three core modules. We will advise you of your study plan - the running order and availability of the modules - when you are invited to enrol.
This programme is designed for learners who wish to advance their knowledge and understanding of important aspects of Computing and Information Technologies in order to enhance career opportunities or to prepare themselves for postgraduate research. Importantly, it does not solely focus on digital technologies but also places these in context in respect of both their impact on society and the environment.
It will provide you with highly transferable subject, academic and practical skills which are widely sought by today’s Computing and IT employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computing Technologies in Society
- Network Management and Security
- Web Development: Creating Effective Applications
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 135 other Short Courses in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You need to have one of the following:
- HND or Foundation degree in a computing subject from a UK university (or international equivalent recognised by NARIC)
- Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development (2010 QCF)
- British Computer Society (BCS) Diploma in IT (level 5) - including completion of the professional project
- HNC in computing subject plus at least 3 years relevant work experience in a computing role*
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2625 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National2625 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2625 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.