The assessment focuses on competences relevant in science such as organising capacity, analytical thinking, collaboration and personal characteristics. We recommend PhD candidates to participate, as it is a means through which PhD candidates can identify potential pitfalls while doing their PhD, how to tackle these and how to improve their competences and skills to get the most out of their PhD training. Note that this is not an judgemental evaluation of the candidate.
Outcome of the Competence Assessment course at Wageningen University and ResearchAfter registration you will be invited to take a personality test and a competence test online. Within two weeks after completing the questionnaires you will be invited for a personal meeting of 1.5 hours. You will receive a test report before the meeting. After the personal meeting you will receive a final report with conclusions and recommendation. The assessment report will ONLY be send to the candidate for reasons of confidentiality. However, it is beneficial for candidates to share the outcome of their report with their supervisor(s) as it provides insight on how the candidate can be best supervised. In fact the report contains also recommendations for the supervisor.
Programme StructureThis assessment:
- Gives PhD candidates insight in their personal strengths and pitfalls with respect to fulfil the requirements set to obtain a PhD degree in the given 4-year period
- Gives insight in the opportunities to overcome the pitfalls
- Allows PhD candidates to follow a more tailor-made training programme related to the areas that need attention
- Aims at providing more insights to the supervisors on how the candidate is best supervised (in case PhD candidate imposes no objection)
- 1 days
Start dates & application deadlines
After your registration you will receive instructions by mail to schedule your personal assessment.
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 EUR for the full programme during 1 days.
EU/EEA500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 EUR for the full programme during 1 days.
- Reduced fee: PhD candidates of Wageningen University: € 100
- University fee: All other PhD candidates: € 500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.