Business models are regarded as a form of innovation and not merely just a vehicle for commercialization. In this course, students will learn about multiple business model innovation avenues and metrics for assessing on-going market fit and sustainability.
The Innovation - From Plan to Product Certificate, which is part of Corporate Innovation MicroMasters Program and is also offered by EdX in partnership with the University of Queensland - UQx, introduces an evidence-based approach to innovation management with the aim of providing students with the capability to understand the strategic value of information and the tools and techniques that can be used to analyze and use that information to improve decision-making. Tools include: customer discovery, prototyping, financial modeling, business plans and forecasts.
Students will learn how to apply the most effective tools in developing sustainable business models by exploiting viable, validated opportunities in rapidly changing environments where traditional strategic management approaches are less effective.
What you'll learn
- How design techniques can help businesses to develop market relevant ideas,
- How to use financial decision-making techniques to improve innovation outcomes,
- Adapt and apply strategic and operational management frameworks and tools necessary for innovation leadership,
- Overview of planning and problem solving methods,
- Relationship between and use of business models and business plans.
- Why do innovations fail?
- Business models and innovation
- Value chains and Industry Networks
- Designing and testing innovation options
- Managing for now and the future
- Introduction to valuing innovation
- 70 days
- 8 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Innovation Management View 6 other Short Courses in Innovation Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- English writing/reading proficiency (required)
- General knowledge of business processes (recommended)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 70 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 70 days.
Add a Verified Certificate for $249 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.