Switchgear (and circuit breakers) are critical components in electrical distribution systems and their operation significantly affects the overall performance of the system.
Low voltage switchgear is covered including its theory and standards. You will gain a solid understanding of the issues associated with the use of these critical items with an emphasis on safety. The focus is on medium voltage (referred today as high voltage) switchgear which represents most of the switchgear installed on electrical distribution systems, particularly air blast, oil, SF6 and vacuum circuit breakers.
Case studies covering the main manufacturers’ equipment illustrate the important practical principles. Other power system protection components are covered as well to ensure that switchgear is understood in the correct context.
The Circuit Breaker and Switchgear course at IDC Technologies will develop and enhance your understanding of what is involved in the maintenance of these essential components of power systems, through the tips and tricks learnt and developed by some of the world's best electrical engineers.
You will learn:
- The fundamentals of operating switchgear and circuit breakers
- How to select the appropriate type and rating of circuit breakers and switchgear
- The operation of switchgear components (CTs, VTs, relays and cable terminations)
- How to manage power transformer breakdowns to reduce disruption
- Circuit Breaker Design
- Switchgear Specifications
- Operational Safety
- 1 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 74 other Short Courses in Electrical Engineering in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- No formal electrical education is required as everything is examined from a fundamentals and practical point of view. As such, this is an intermediate course focused on the fundamentals to ensure you quickly understand the key concepts.
International299 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 299 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
National299 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 299 USD for the full programme during 1 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.