OverviewThe Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is recognized by numerous leading organizations all over the world
Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) have a unique set of skills that is not found in any other career field or discipline. They combine knowledge of complex financial transactions with an understanding of methods, law, and how to resolve allegations of fraud. Fraud examiners are also trained to understand not only how fraud occurs, but also why. Being a CFE denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection, deterrence and investigation. With the CFE credential, you will experience career growth and you can quickly position yourself as a leader in the global anti-fraud community.
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is recognized in the hiring and promotion policies of numerous leading organizations all over the world. Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies employ at least one CFE. Did you know that CFEs earn 34% more than their non-certified colleagues?Benefits of attending
The benefits of attending this 5-day CFE training are:
- You can take the official online CFE exam sections at the end of each training day and you receive 1 free resit of an exam section at your choice (if necessary)
- You receive additional and exclusive training materials provided by the trainers and ACFE
- We take care of all administrative procedures towards the ACFE
- The success rate of passing the CFE exam with our CFE training is 95%!
ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) is the world's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud trainings and education. Together with more than 90,000 members in 160 countries and chapters in 125 countries, ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.CFE target group
Are you interested in taking your career to the next level by earning the gold standard of professional excellence in the anti-fraud profession? Are you an (internal) auditor, CPA, investigator, national state and law enforcement officer, prosecutor, security professional, risk and loss management professional, lawyer, accountant, controller, compliance and fraud officer or any other professional dealing with fraud? Then this is your chance to follow a qualified training and become certified as a Fraud Examiner (CFE) within 5 days.Strengthen your anti-fraud skills and become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) now!
Master the skills and knowledge you need to pass the CFE exam by attending this official Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training and become a CFE now! This 5-day, instructor-led training will help you master the concepts tested at the CFE exam:
- Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes
- Fraud Prevention & Deterrence
To earn the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential, you are required to pass the CFE exam. The CFE exam tests your knowledge of the 4 major areas that comprise the fraud examination Body of Knowledge.
- The CFE exam is a computer-based, multiple-choice, closed book and closed-notes exam consisting of 4 exam sections
- The exam contains 400 questions in total
- Each exam section has 100 multiple choice and true/false questions
- Each exam section will take 2 hours of your time
- You must score at least 75% correct on each exam section in order to pass
- The exam has a number of controls to ensure integrity
- The exam can be taken during the training week or at a time convenient to you
Your eligibility to become CFE certified is based upon a point system which awards credits for education and experience. The admission requirements are:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience, such as accountancy, auditing, criminology, investigation, loss prevention, law enforcement or legal experience related to fraud.
If you do not yet qualify to earn the CFE title, you can already take the training and exam and become officially certified once you have gained sufficiënt relevant professional experience.How to maintain your CFE credential?
To maintain your CFE credential, you are required to earn at least 20 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours every 12-month period. At least 10 hours must directly relate to the detection and deterrence of fraud and 2 hours to ethics. If you have earned more than 20 CPE hours in your previous reporting period, you may rollover up to 10 hours to meet your current CPE requirements. In addition to completing the annual CPE requirements, you must pay an annual membership fee in order to remain a member of the ACFE and retain the CFE credential. If your membership expires, you are not allowed to use the CFE credential anymore.Knowledge and tools necessary to pass the CFE exam
When attending this 5-day official Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training you will receive the following:
- 1-year Associate ACFE membership. As an associate member of ACFE you gain access to timely and practical information including Fraud Magazine, monthly member newsletters, free quarterly webinars, videos, tools and resources to support your anti-fraud efforts
- CFE exam preparation course software with study questions and practice exams. Review of important concepts, covered at the CFE exam, with more than 1,400 study questions and simulation of the CFE exam environment with timed practice exams
- Fraud Examiners Manual. The Fraud Examiners Manual is an over 2,000 page guide and is your essential resource as an anti-fraud professional. The Fraud Examiners Manual is the definitive body of knowledge for the anti-fraud profession, providing comprehensive guidance for anti-fraud professionals that no other work can match. The guide explores examination techniques and procedures and gives you a detailed explanation of the answer to each study question
- Exclusive training materials prepared by the trainers, tailored to the exam
- The CFE exam consisting of 4 exam sections plus 1 free resit of an exam section at your choice
- Five full days of face to face or live online training facilitated by authorised CFE Exam Review Course trainers with enough time for discussions and personal attention
- Exclusive access to the 'CFE Exam Prep Flashcard App'. This app allows you to familiarize yourself with the terminology and concepts covered in the CFE exam and consists of hundreds of flashcards that complement the CFE exam preparation course software. The app is available for Android and iOS versions
Programme StructureCERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINER (CFE) – CONTENT
This 5-day Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) course will help you master the following 4 concepts, related to the CFE exam:
I. Investigation – day 1
Includes questions about interviewing, taking statements, obtaining information from public records, tracing illicit transactions, evaluating deception and report writing.
II. Law – day 2
Ensures your familiarity with the many legal ramifications of conducting fraud examinations, including criminal and civil law, rules of evidence, rights of the accused and accuser, and expert witness matters.
III. Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes – days 3 and 4
To pass the section Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes, you will be required to demonstrate knowledge of the following concepts:
- basic accounting and auditing theory
- fraud schemes
- identity theft
- internal controls to deter fraud
- other auditing and accounting matters
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance View 17 other Short Courses in Finance in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International4280 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4280 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
EU/EEA4280 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4280 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
Living costs for Eindhoven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.