According to CGAP an overwhelming proportion of people without access to finance are from Muslim-majority countries, as formal financial markets often fail to provide access to credit or savings that are compliant with the Muslim faith. Islamic microfinance has the potential to fill that gap through the provision of Sharia-compliant microfinance products, already reaching millions with an estimated USD 1 billion global industry loan portfolio. Professionals in this field are motivated and at times challenged by the dual nature of the required skillset, combining proven microfinance practice with the principles of Islamic finance.
These wide-ranging technical competencies are addressed in this unique course which combines our renowned "Certified Expert in Microfinance" with key knowledge in Islamic finance to the standards set by the Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI).
What Do We Offer?
- An interactive e-learning course including video lectures, PDF scripts, examples, practical exercises, online tests and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course related issues as well as for exchange of opinions and experiences with, tutors, peers and the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your e-Campus team.
- The possibility to achieve a Frankfurt School certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Overview of Islamic Economics & Microfinance System
The Microfinance Contracts & Transaction Agreements
- Managing Islamic Microfinancing
- Risk Management in Islamic Microfinance Institutions
- Regulatory, Governance and Sharia Compliance Framework for Islamic Microfinance
- Financial and Social Performance Management
This course is targeted towards microfinance and development professionals who are working in areas such as microfinance, Islamic microfinance, and end-user finance, or towards participants who want to explore Islamic microfinance.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance International Development Islamic Studies
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International900 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA900 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.