Digital transformation and the rise of large scale infrastructure projects has created a growing demand for more project-oriented jobs worldwide. On this course, you will go beyond the fundamentals of project management and improve your knowledge so you’re better prepared to lead projects in the future.
You will focus on ensuring your projects deliver the intended benefits to stakeholders whilst being on time and within budget. You will learn how to choose the best approach to projects and develop the leadership and management skills needed to grow effective project teams.
By the end of the Project Management - Beyond the Basics course from The Open University by FutureLearn , you'll be able to:
- Reflect on your current knowledge on project management and go beyond the basics of project management in your own professional practice
- Identify the appropriate methods and techniques best suited for specific project management scenarios
- Improve your awareness of the professional skills required to be a project manager
- Demonstrate your understanding of how to manage project teams with success
- Improve your ability to give and receive feedback from all project stakeholders
- Apply appropriate communication tools and techniques to engage with project stakeholders
- Develop an awareness of the ethical aspects in project management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- The skills a project manager needs to master
- Demands placed on a project manager
- Identifying and evaluating stakeholders
- Lines of communication
- Ethics in projects
- Managing in situations of volatility and uncertainty
- Managing complexity and ambiguity
- Linear, iterative and hybrid project lifecycles
- Selecting the right approach
- Developing project agility
- Forming and developing project teams
- Launching projects
- Conditions for success
- The power of social, identity and cognitive diversity
- Developing and safeguarding project teams
- Managing quality in a project
- The costs of quality
- Preparing a quality plan
- Managing resources
- Looking at the critical chain
- Dealing with conflict
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesProject Management Management, Organisation & Leadership View 196 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for people working on and leading projects in their work but who may not see themselves as professional project managers.
- It also offers the opportunity for people to explore project management as a career.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $89. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.