From magnificence and martyrs to weddings and war, the Tudor period was one of the most eventful in British history. The reigns of the five (or was it six?) monarchs during the late fifteenth to seventeenth century has enthralled historians, students and television and film producers alike.
On this course you will compare the rule of the Tudor monarchs and examine the significant political, religious and cultural changes of the period. You will be taught by renowned scholars on Tudor England from the University of Roehampton who will reveal how this era has shaped modern-day British politics.
By the end of The Tudors course from University of Roehampton by FutureLearn , you'll be able to:
- Explain the legitimacy and legacy of the Tudor dynasty in British history
- Engage with the social and political history of the Tudor era
- Evaluate the significance of the Tudor dynasty in British history
- Interpret the cultural artifacts, artwork, literature, and heritage sites of the Tudor era
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Overview of British history from 1485 and 1603
- Introduction to the Tudor monarchy
- Overview of political dynasties in Tudor England
- Explore aspects of social history from 1485 and 1603
- Introduction to the legacy of the Tudor dynasty
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 34 other Short Courses in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for anyone with a general interest in the British monarchy, heritage and history.
- This includes students studying the Tudors in English, drama or history courses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 42 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 42 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $64. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.