Each week we look at a different theme:
- The makings of a ‘healthy diet’: Which components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases?
- Why do we eat what we eat? What are the ‘drivers’ that influence our food choices?
- Food and disease: Can you really eat your way to health?
- Nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth: Are our genes to be blamed for our current nutritional habits?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Describe components of a healthy diet
- Identify principles of healthy eating
- Apply principles learned to assess their own dietary intake
- Develop an understanding of good examples of evidence based research
- Calculate their own Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Explore the influences on food choice and eating behaviors
- Identify current nutrition controversies
- Discuss their own views on food and eating
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
By the conclusion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the principle constituents of food, along with foods and dietary patterns that meet current UK based dietary recommendations and are associated with reduced risk of common chronic diseases.
- Understand and evaluate nutrition information, advertising, and news in the media.
- Apply nutrition knowledge to personal food choices and dietary patterns
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Management Health Sciences View 27 other Short Courses in Health Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is designed for anyone interested in food and wellbeing, and assumes no prior knowledge.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $64. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.